12.05.2010

Christmas for a Cause, pt. 2

The Christmas for a Cause event was a great success last night. There were a lot of great musicians and singers, as well as a couple of highly inspirational speakers. The one and only Trevor did a great job putting things together and showing off his fancy lights. Here are a couple pics:
My friend Brandon and his wife Leslie doing a beautiful version of "What Child is This?"
The awesomeness that is Trevor:
And me with the sweet Christmas decorations:
My previous post explained the background to the song and gave you the lyrics, and so now you can hear it since it has already had its world premiere. But last night wasn't just about singing and being with friends. Christmas for a Cause is really a great organization and because of everyone who came last night, they are helping to make sure that kids in Watauga county have food to eat. I hope this song helps you remember what Christmas is all about, and that you could consider how you could serve or give to your communities to help someone's Christmas be as joyful as yours.
Special thanks to M. Rhoades for pointing me towards SoundCloud. You rock.

3 comments:

  1. Dude... that was you singing? You're like a superhero, man! A superhero ridding the world of sucky music by infusing it with theologically and musically rich and beautiful music.

    Thanks for that song. It was beautiful; I thoroughly enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I really LOVE this song! It is now my favorite Christmas song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely...simply lovely. Enough to drive my bah humbugs away.

    ReplyDelete